Friday, February 10, 2012

nothing in full, but not half-empty

I don't have any complete thoughts for today, but two big ones mulling around in my brain are these:

I wonder what the whole issue surrounding Tim Tebow is about.  Is there a reason that evangelical Christians flock to him?  Is it because there is a dearth of competent and strong male or female Christian role models, i.e. fathers and mothers, in the lives of those who do flock?  Or is it something else?

I also wonder about the sexualization of relationships.  It seems a lot of magazines, websites and book shelves in book stores are bound and determined to help us get better at sex for the purposes of relationships.  Why?  Is it because we, as a culture, have centralized our relationships on the act of and acts around sex?

These are just some of my thoughts that I've yet to fully explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment